Monday, June 21, 2004

Guten Taag from Deutschland

Hey all,
I´m in Germany at the moment and lately I´ve had a few big nights to be bothered writing....actually I thinkI´ve done my best so far - 4nights in a row!!!

So Pompeii....this is something I´ve learnt a bit about when I did Italian at school. I couldn´t believe how big the actual place was.It´s totally different to what I expected. I thought I would see a lot of petrified artifacts within the actual ruins but a lot of these have been extracted. It was great to see the paintings/ frescoes on the walls and find out some history from a local tour guide.

I think the funniest thing about today is that I almost got left behind. I got too busy taking photos and Ted - a cool guy from America - and I took a wrong turn. We didn#t think too much of it because we were to have lunch and then catch up. But with five minutes to go and us sitting down wondering where everyone was,we figured we were actually down the road from everyone else. A little bit of power walking and in no timewe had caught up at the proper meeting point (which looked very familiar with where we were before) and no one else knew any different.

Anyway I´m just about to have some breakfast before heading off for white water rafting - wish me luck, I´m a little nervous!
Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>