Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Yassu from Corfu

I know, I know two days in a row...unbelievable yes? Well it just so happens that we have a free day in Corfu and I decided to get a bit of internet in before I finish off some diary entries....

Now the number one place I was interested in on this tour was Italy. However because of being ill, I don't think I appreciated things as much as what I thought I would! The ride over consists of the bus going through tunnels sitting within the mountains. There are 156.5 for those who are interested between Monaco and Florence.

Florence was first off the ranks, it's quite a beautiful town that holds David done by Michelangelo. It also holds a lot of Renaissance work, neither of which I went to.

The first night we headed out for drinks at a place that served cocktails by the jugful....We also happened to get there at happy hour...not a very good combination!! Fraser and Harp, two New Zealanders and I shared three jugs between us and we had a big night, as did everyone else!!

The first thing you notice when you get into Venice is the miniatures of David everywhere and the vasts amount of sculptures. Now first off we had a tour around the town by a Italian tour guide, she was very passionate about the buildings, which some were quite beautiful, however due to being so sick I couldn't handle being standing up.

After this we checked out a leather place, which I wasn't really interested and I ended up leaving and checking out the Nomination Flags for my bracelet! Yes it's now full of flags, if anyone remembers my lonely little flag of Australia on it beforehand.

So what did I get up to? I ended up sitting on the steps in some square full of statues whilst everyone else went around. By the way the pizza is beautiful here and I can't get enough of it. So after sitting here for a couple of hours, a pigeon decided to shat on me (yes, seriously) and I decided it was telling me it was time to get off my butt.

So I checked out the markets which for those who love Louis Voitton bags (I'm sure I've spelt that wrong), you will love these markets. There are plenty of places to grab these from and you can haggle you way down to about a fifth of the price. No kidding!

I also got to try some gelati and let me say it was beautiful. It's definitely different then what we have at home. Try the fruit flavours if you are coming over.

This night we headed out for some true Italian food. It was truly a feast! We started with an antipasto, then an entree (which we all thought was the main), then a main and some salad, then dessert!!! I certainly couldn't eat everything!! It was way too much!!

So after here we head to Roma and I will do this another day! My time is almost up here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>