Thursday, July 08, 2004

Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland

I got very sick here and couldn't make it on the mountain bike ride. Bascially I couldn't breath, my asthma was playing up and I ended up resting most of the day.

9th July ->
We headed for one of the smallest countries and had lunch here before heading to Lucerne. Here we checked out the swiss watches, army knifes etc.

We then headed into town, over a bridge that was burnt down by a daschund dog. The views were amazing! The mountains were in the background over the lake and whilst we were given time to shop, I walked by myself by the lake taking shots.

Next stop was the Swiss Alps. Here were allowed to go up the Jungfrau Mountain the next day, however I was was not allowed. I was not any better and the higher altitude would make it worse, therefore not guaranteeing I would be safe.

Whilst everyone headed out for partying and tea, I headed to bed.

10th July ->
I slept in today and got up about 12ish. Kieran and Cherie, Harp, Ted and I decided to go in for some traditional Swiss food, after Kieran and Cherie checked in on me after breakfast that morning.

We had Cheese Fondue and Potato Rosti. It was very delicious! Definitely try this if you go here. The Cheese Fondue, comes out with bread, potatoes, mushrooms, garlic and spices to dip into the cheese and it creates the best flavours.

The rosti was awesome, nothing anywhere is the same as this....

After lunch, we headed out the underground waterfalls and caves. It's about a forty minute walk that is pretty much straight. Once you get near the place, you can catch an elevator to the top and take some snaps. It's quite amazing and the water blasts down. The caves are quite slippery and you do get fairly wet here but the views are amazing.

That night, I headed off to bed early again in the hopes of getting better for the next day.

11th July ->
Heidelberg, next destination, and I had a craving for Thai Food. Harp and I found an all you can eat buffet and sat and ate and ate and ate to our delight. We stumbled back to the bus holding our stumbles. Why you ask did we eat so much? There is no spicy food anywhere and this had been the first place we'd seen on the entire trip! So be warned if you like spicy food. It had great food though!!!

St Goar was next. We saw the largest working cuckoo clock. Saw the largest collection of steins and then tried some very sweet white wine. We tried five wines -sweet to sweetest. The last was like syrup and it's a desert wine. I didn't buy any...way too sweet for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>