Monday, July 12, 2004

Holland - Edam, Amsterdam - the last leg. Belgium

We checked out the cheese and clogs factory. Both were interesting apart from the part where they use the cows stomach's acids in the cheese. I didn't try the cheese.

Into Edam, where we went bike riding. The bikes were really weird here, quite light-weight and took a little bit to get used to compared to my heavy frame, suspensioned, geared up mountain bike. :) We checked out the windmills and some dyjks - a water controller.

Once we're done here we headed to the hotel in Amsterdam and checked into the hotel before heading out for our first night on the town of two.

PG Censored - We did the unofficial optional tonight and then headed out partying...then getting a taxi ride home....where I'm sure the guy was taking us somewhere else (as the guys were freaking out in the back) before I started questioning him.

13th July ->
We had a diamond tour and I nearly bought a ring worth $800 AU. I stopped myself though.

Next thing was a canal ride where we headed to Anne Frank's house. Another sad moment and I didn't take photos.

After this, went shopping before going out again.

As it was our last night, we had a canal cruise with three free drinks, then headed for chinese smorgasboard for tea. Here we had another four free drinks....I was under the weather.....

Next stop was a pub, and we all drank remembering the good old times. Taxi ride home was cheaper tonight as I caught the same one as Amanda, the TM.

14th July->
We had a Belgium stop in a petrol station. That was our 12th country....
Everyone was quiet and it was a sombre feeling heading into London.
I was sad, but I'll catch with most of them again. It was an awesome tour and the people were amazing.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>